Sega G80 Vector issue "diverged Red/Blue"

From: Zitt Zitterkopf <zittware_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2011 - 01:58:34 EDT

I'm beginning to wrap up my Sega Star Trek Captain's Chair restoration; having put the machine together... I've noticed some vector issues:

I documented my new top high score to demostrate the problem in my restoration thread on KLOV:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showpost.php?p=1732912&postcount=148

The red and blue guns don't appear to line up on the score and credit vectors. In the overview map; the klingon ships appear mostly correct; but they do sometimes appear as diveraged guns depending on some game play parameter I can't really nail down.

I don't really think there a monitor issue; I'm guessing it's on the XY board in the card cage - given it was home to a solderbridge early in the debug; but not real sure where to begin looking.