Re: Tempest vector distortion

From: Zonn <mlists_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2011 - 05:12:52 EDT

Assuming you have a P327 deflection board, lift one leg of diodes D805
through D808 (doesn't make any difference which leg, just lift one leg
from each of the diodes), and all your problems will go away.

D805 through D808 are part of a monitor protection circuitry that was
supposed to protect the monitor if the game board dies.

Worst design ever. Doesn't work worth a damn, and can really distort
vectors when what's being displayed is too close to the center of the
monitor, and there are no peripheral vectors being drawn.

-Zonn