Re: Amplifone Tube Issues

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2011 - 12:20:36 EDT

my 19" amplifone tube has had a very severe burn to the phosphor and dot mask in the centre of the tube face, this has burned the dot mask through (you can see its meleted) and appears to have warped the surrounding dot mask in an area causing the same sort of colour anomolies that you are seeing. If the dot mask is not flat, it shifts the beam over to hittign the other colours in the triad. You can check this by displaying just one colour at a time and playing with the convergence. You will see that all three colours of phosphor are intact - what has changed is that there is an uneven beam field hitting it if that makes sense...

--
Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com