RE: WG Display Correctors - call for quantities

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Aug 16 2011 - 01:13:37 EDT

> What are display corrector panels?

Ah, sorry-- Zitt's link covers the basics. In a nutshell it's an adjustable
version of the correction circuitry found on Atari vector games (or
something like the Major Havoc->Space Duel converter board) that helps
correct the pincushion type distortion seen when running Star Wars (or MH)
on a WG6100 monitor instead of an amplifone.

This is actually the 4th encarnation of the board and is different than the
link Zitt dug up (it's quite a bit smaller, has full soldermask/silkscreen,
etc.), but functionally it's the same.

Here's the installation manual: <http://multigame.com/DC_rev3.PDF>
http://multigame.com/DC_rev3.PDF

I'd post a picture, but I can't for the life of me find the ones I took last
year... (For grins I had a "group photo" of one of each revision from the
original ~1996(?) version up to the present.)

The 'panel' is just electronics manufacturing lingo-- I actually have ten of
the display corrects on each sheet of circuit board material. It's called a
"panel" and it speeds up machine assembly. They're broken apart for testing
and shipped out as single pieces...

-Clay