Re: Amplifone DAG Assembly

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri Aug 26 2011 - 12:29:23 EDT

Malcolm Mackenzie wrote:
> Bringing an Amplifone set up back to life and the tube I have doesn't
> have a DAG assembly. I understand that the stock Amplifone assembly
> was a single spring. Can I use a DAG from one of my other 19" tubes
> successfully as long as it fits tight against the Amplifone tube?
> They all have braided wire against the tube and smaller springs
> holding it in place. -Malcolm

All the DAG assembly is, is a conductor to the monitor chassis to
complete the circuit for the rather large HV capacitor that the picture
tube is. There is very little current (microamps to a few milliamps) so
any exposed wire snugly held across a section of the aquadag coating is
sufficient - usually the aquadag is connected by a braided wire or metal
film across the rear of the bell housing from one kitty-corner to the
other with the conductor pulled to the corner of the hypotenuse so it
won't rub up against the yoke.

In other words: Yes.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com