Re: Opinions on the RAM controls reproduction Tempest spinner?

From: Ken Sumrall <k_lists_at_scrapheap.net>
Date: Fri Sep 02 2011 - 19:20:10 EDT

OMG! I _HATE_ tempest games that have buzzing spinners. Which is most of them,
unfortunately. :-(

My Tempest doesn't buzz. I have the chumblespuzz bronze bushing upgrade:

   http://www.cademo.com/arcade/index.htm

which is unfortunately not made anymore. He actually sent me his remaining
stock of bronze material he machined the bushings from. One of these days
I'll take mine apart, measure it well, and get some more made from the
bronze stock. I'll release the measurements and all that so others can
have them made too.

My friend Scott's doesn't buzz either. He put in new plastic bushings and
lubes them with the Atari recommended Nyogel 779 lube.

I'm ordering two sets of new bushings from videogameparts.com for the Tempest
my friend and I are restoring, and a set for the machine in our arcade
at work.

Thanks again to everyone for saving me from RAM Controls and for pointing me
towards new plastic bushings.

___
Ken