Re: Trying to restore modified Major Havoc board

From: Xyla <xduval_at_xyla.net>
Date: Sat Sep 03 2011 - 03:44:49 EDT

Ok, I finally got back to this. I replaced the LM324N but it wasn't
actually that the chip was bad... it turned out a lead on a resistor
in that circuit was bent on the underside of the board and shorting
with something else. When I straightened it out, the sound started
working.

However there is still something weird... almost all the sounds are
normal, but a few are wrong. It almost seems like a lookup table for
the sound effects is messed up. The fish robots make weird sounds
when you shoot them, and when you are landing your ship on the
platform, there is a repeating white noise sound instead of the normal
beeping sound. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything wrong with
the sounds... but I can't actually land on the platform because I
haven't figured out the spinner problem just yet.

Any thoughts as to what could cause only a few sounds to be wrong?