RE: ZVG Experience - Proper place to post?

From: Gregory Maser <gemaser_at_mchsi.com>
Date: Sat Sep 10 2011 - 11:39:33 EDT

I know I would be interested in this.

  _____

From: owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org
[mailto:owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org] On Behalf Of Lewis DAubin
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 9:11 AM
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Subject: Re: VECTOR: ZVG Experience - Proper place to post?

> I have been working on the PC side of getting a ZVG card working. I think
> I'm ready to try it with a vector monitor. I've had some interesting
> problems getting the software to run on my Pentium 4 under DOS. It
appears
> that newer PCs left DOS behind and didn't look back. I guess my question
> is, where would be the best place to document the issues I had so that
> others might benefit? I have been an IT guy for 25+ years now but this
was
> an interesting challenge to get working. If this is the right place, I'll
> submit a detailed post.

I can tell you all from experience that there are NO real issues, regardless
of your hardware platform (until you try to use a motherboard that lacks a
parallel port, that is!) My Vector MAME is running fine under DOS on a P4
setup, with all controls via USB (and that includes trakball, panel
controls, and a numeric keypad for Space Wars and Sundance.) Sound is
courtesy of an pci SB 4810 (built in amp so you can just jump it to the
speaker in your cab.)

If you would like, I could repost a link to my drive image - just add ROM's
and sound samples! Let me know.

Regards,

-Lewis D'Aubin