RE: Another K6100 HV question

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Mon Oct 10 2011 - 01:50:11 EDT

Following up:

This is a P329 version board (with the HV cutoff), deflection has a LV2000
in it, the HV input at P900 is +/- 26v which is a bit low for the reference
values, I am keeping that in mind.

I have replaced:

Q901 & Q902 (MPSA06)

Q903 (2n3904)

Q900 (with a BU406D)

ZD901 (1n4743)

All the caps

I am getting HV (crackle, but can't find my HV probe to verify what it is
at).

B+ is 216v and adjusting the pot doesn't make any difference. From the FAQ
I have gone through everything it suggests for all the no effect:

Verified R912, R902 & R915 in circuit values all seem correct.

I have checked R901 - 906 in circuit and all seem ok.

Game in self-test.

At R904 where it connects to Q901 & Q902 the schematic says 6.9v I am
getting 23.1.

At Q900:

Base (reference 6.5) I get 14.5

Emitter (ref 6.0) I get 13.9

Collector is ~ 25v (close to right)

At ZD902 (150v zener) the reference is 33.7 and I have 57. The other side
which should be 181 is 216.

Voltages near Q906 (the BU207) are all within reasonable given the slightly
lower input voltages.

I was thinking possibly D901 or D902 is bad but I don't know what to replace
it with. I saw a reference to FR156 (which is only available from bob
Roberts) are there any other suggestions for replacing the ERC27-13?

Anyone know if I am totally off base here?

Thanks,

David