Re: Sega G08 coin details

From: Zitt Zitterkopf <zittware_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 06 2012 - 02:47:44 EST

Mark / all,
Thanks for the data.

I went ahead and built a 555timer circuit which works on my Sega:

555 Timer circuit and PCB licensed under TAPR/NCL Open Hardware License.
Simple thru Hole componets should allow most people to solder this project
over a evening. Timer circuit used to stimulate the coin circuits of a Sega
Star Trek Captain's Chair to enable "Free Play" - IE use the game without
quarters. This circuit should be flexible enough to work on most arcade
games. This circuit can be built for less than $23.
http://Pinball-Mods.com/blogs/?p=155

Could I have purchased the CoinUp circuit? sure... but its fun to exercise
the noodle every once and a while.

Let me know what you think.
John