Strange 6101 jittering and pincushioning

From: Xyla <xduval_at_xyla.net>
Date: Wed Jan 25 2012 - 16:23:01 EST

Hi,

I have a WG 6101 that when I run Major Havoc on it, when the screen
gets really full and the vectors are flickering a bit, the vectors get
very jittery in the top corners. When there isn't much being drawn it
is totally stable.

There is also a slight pincushioning... I know it's not the MH adaptor
because it can be seen on Tempest. I've tested with two Major Havoc
boards (both jitter), and I've tested the same Tempest board on a
different monitor with no pincushioning, so these problems are
definitely occurring within the monitor itself.

I got this monitor recently, and it looks brand new. It was sitting
in someone's house for years... has no burn, and there was still hot
glue on the flyback controls. I did a full recap and installed an
LV2000 lite, and even did the Major Havoc diode mods to the underside.
 Unfortunately I do not know for sure if these problems were occurring
before I did all this... I didn't want to run the monitor for more
than a few moments before recapping it. But, I did not notice any of
these things happening until after all the preventative maintenance.

My first question is, could the MH diode mod be causing any of this?
I read that it was unnecessary if you install the LV2000, but I was
just being thorough. I figured I'd ask before I undid the mod.

Other than that, do these symptoms sound indicative of anything else?
I did not replace any of the T0-3 transistors... maybe I should? But
again, I did not notice any problems before the work I did on it.

Thanks for any assistance.