Re: Black Widow Video Problem

From: Maxstang <maxstang_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue Jan 31 2012 - 14:35:39 EST

Thanks Douglas! That's an excellent suggestion about A/B11's output. I'd forgotten that detail…

I checked the resistors after I switched the chip/socket at C12 and looked at the voltages and chip activity with a probe afterward and it looked fine. A/B11 also seems to be making the right noises (with the probe) but I do know from experience that they can have strange effects as they die (had a Tempest once with a completely mirrored image and it was the 1495. )

The Y pot looks original. I'll meter it and see what I see. I get what appears to be y collapse or perhaps complete fold over if I adjust the pot too far in either direction. Within the small range of pot movement where there's no collapse, the Y image can be adjusted larger and smaller…if only a little bit. -M