Re: Cabinet wood and trim repair

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Mar 27 2012 - 13:48:03 EDT

Jim Thompson wrote:
> Hey Group,
> Is there any info out there or archived on the list on how to do
> cabinet corner and trim repair?
> The Tempest machine I obtained has some pretty bad cabinet corners and
> loose trim from missing wood.
> I was thinking fiberglass, bondo or an epoxy but thought I had better
> consult with the pros.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

We use bondo, and both undercut the damaged area and put in a few large
head screws that are just below the surface to act as anchors for the
bondo. Be sure to remove ALL loose chip board (using a hand wire brush
helps).

Without anchors it will probably fall off in a year or two...

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com