Re: Omega Race Fun

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2012 - 13:40:21 EDT

I have never had an OR save high scores on any boardset I have had.. In fact no matter what I did, I also always showed the BBU ram as NG. I had another set here, and replaced everything that was related to the score including logic and sockets, with a brand new BBU ram chip.. same thing. But, I was also having issues with the boards I was repairing and trying to run having them flicker and chirp like something was shorting out somewhere. It was never consistent. I went back to my known working boardset after a while to test out some sound pcb's, but my good boardset also was now doing this chirping and flickering like it was watchdogging or shorting out in boot making squawks and chirps and random noises and random vectors on the screen. Every once in a while, it will function ok. So I took the sound board off to check if the game pcb was running ok.. Funny enough, everything showed as good.. even the BBU ram which always showed as NG. Tried anotther boardset that I had fixed, and BBU was also showing as good. Put the sound board back on, and if I can get it to show the test screen, BBU shows as 'NG' again. I have not had a chance to try and figure out what is going on, but it seems some issue with the sound card is affecting the BBU
 ram. I know many others have never been able to get their BBU to show good, or keep scores, so maybe there is some other odd issue..? Voltages are good.. I run 5.03v and it never falls down that I can see. Power supply is also rebuilt, re-capped as well as the 2 big caps in the cabinet. ________________________________ From: Total Impulse <totalimpulse_at_comcast.net> To: vectorlist_at_vectorlist.org Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:39:14 AM Subject: Re: VECTOR: Omega Race Fun On 4/22/2012 9:54 PM, Steven Winslow wrote: > Alan > > Does your OR's save the high scores? They save the "1 credit game, All time high" and the "2 credit game, All time high" scores.  The "Daily Highs" are not saved.  I believe that this is correct operation. In the cocktail, I installed a lithium coin cell battery with a blocking diode (replacing R142).  In the upright and mini, I installed a remote 3.6v NiCd pack. Alan --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ** Unsubscribe, subscribe, or view the archives at http://www.vectorlist.org ** Please direct other questions, comments, or problems to chris_at_westnet.com