Re: Atari Tempest issue

From: Elliot Braun <elliotsphone_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 10 2012 - 00:48:46 EDT

 Ok, here is the latest.

I re-did the interconnect and did a continuity test and all is well. I
re-did the connector on the aux board (blade connector that attaches to
side of the PCB) with all new crimp on ends.

Voltages on Aux are: +22 is +23.6 -22 is -23.5 +5 is +5.06 -5 is -5.06
Voltages on main board are same +-.01
Voltages on Audio board are same +- .01
all voltages taken from the loop lugs

Here is a strange thing: if I disconnect the edge connector on the aux
board the game fires up in to a semi demo mode, full color but things seem
to be missing.
When connected it is same old thing, in test mode EPQM is up no response to
spinner. In normal mode spot killer activates.

I am thinking a new aux board may help but it seems so strange that
everything is out on the aux!

Is the 23.5 voltage the cause? If so how do I fix it?

Thank you all for the help so far. Hopefully soon I can try to avoid the
spikes again!

Thanks,

Elliot