RE: Introduction & Question

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 17:14:25 EDT

> Any chance you want to sell that briefcase?! J Or better yet. trade it?

Probably not-- it was actually a gift from someone so I'd feel bad getting
rid of it. I found some manuals for it though, so I might actually get
brave enough to try it out, but I think it's probably wise to disconnect
most of it first and do some health checks and maybe some cap-kit type
action on the big old linear power supply. I don't know of another system
anywhere and I'd hate to kill it due to cold solder joints or bad regulators
or something. I good rainy day project sometime.

It's all analog input, IIRC, but it has a serial port for actually
controlling it. I'm not 100% if you can get at the data any other way than
burning it to EPROM though. I seem to recall it using one of those weird TI
CPU's that nobody used back in the day, but if there's something more common
somewhere it might be possible to just wed it to a 9010A and dump and 'work'
memory it uses through that instead.

-Clay