Did Atari do Lunar Lander to Asteroids PCB mods BITD ?

From: Andre Huijts <a.huijts_at_upcmail.nl>
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 18:13:28 EDT

I recently bought a Lunar Lander cab (YEAH !!!!!) and besides an AD PCB in it, it comes with this LL PCB that has been hacked/modded to Asteroids:

web.jpg

There seems to be no Atari markings or logos on the extra board but the job looks done very professionaly, sure doesn't look like an operator hack...

We all know the first Asteroids cabs were converted LL cabs but did they convert the boards too ?

Or were there retro-fit hack kits sold BITD ?

If you want to see the cab, pics here:
http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=3209.msg50821#msg50821

André Huijts (Level42)