Star Wars Analog out

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 14 2012 - 17:11:26 EDT

I've never run across this, so it seems a bit strange to me, and I've not
had alot of time to digest what is actually happening here.

Basically, for a split second there was a video screen, then nothing. I
assume first time powering up the circuits after replacing broken
resistors, and .1 caps might have done something in.
Checking voltages on the outputs showed there was AC voltage in range, but
DC was all Negative on both X and Y.
So I put the scope to the outputs, and sure enough, I've got nothing but
negative swings, looks like the positive swings get clipped at the zero
crossing.

I did a quick check of the +-15 and they were good. Checked to make sure
those voltages were reaching my tl082's

The outputs from the Tl082 pin 7 will only swing one direction, and then
the output on pin 1 will swing the opposite.

What controls the +- swings? the DG201 switches? Why would it be affecting
both x and y.

Kevin