Re: K6100 Focus

From: <akswanson_at_ntelos.net>
Date: Fri Jul 06 2012 - 11:05:29 EDT

        It could also be the goofy way that the focus pin is built into the tube
socket.  If I remember correctly the actual socket for the focus pin
mates with a contact in the plastic socket that connects to the focus
wire.  I had a 6100 that I had to hard wire that connection to get
it to work.  See if you can disassemble the connector and make sure
the contacts are clean.

> Joey Oravec wrote:

>> Did you replace the HV pot, and if so did you use a high voltage
probe

>> to readjust the high voltage to 19kV? This is the most common
screwup

>> since that pot, if replaced, must be adjusted to generate proper
high

>> voltage.

>> If not, I&#39;d suggest finding another collector locally with a
CRT

>> tester who would be willing to run the tests and make sure that
the

<chuck@localsurfer.com

>> <mailto:chuck@localsurfer.com>> wrote:

>> Anyone? Still lost on this one.

>> Chuck

>> On Jul 4, 2012, at 10:48 PM, Chuck wrote:

>> > Hey all,

>> > I have a K6100 from my Tempest that I did a full rebuild

>> on with all the bells and whistles from Bob Roberts. All seems

>> have went well except that it now will not stay in focus. I
tried

>> swapping out the flyback with another one and the problem is
still

>> there. I have looked at the pins and socket on the neck and
neck

>> board and they all seem to fine, no signs of corrosion. The

>> connector that goes from the high voltage cage to the neck
board

>> is not at issue as far as I can tell, there isn&#39;t any
changes when

>> I wiggle it around. The weird part is that when I turn the game
on

>> it is perfect for a couple of minutes and then drifts out of
focus

>> to about the same point all the time. I thought it might be a
heat

>> problem, but if I turn the game off for just a few seconds
and

>> right back on, it is in good focus again for a couple of
minutes.

>> No time for it to cool off. I miss playing my Tempest.

>> > Thanks,

>> > Chuck-

> If you adjust the focus after it has warmed up does it still
drift?

> You can check the lower output voltages from the HV unit to see if
they

> are stable as well (start with measuring them when first turned on,
then

> check 15 minutes later) - there may be a problem with the voltage

> regulator as a result of your rebuild, or just random failure
occurring

> at the same time.

> John :-#)#

> --

> John&#39;s Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T
3C9