Star Wars Tie fighter issues

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2012 - 15:48:46 EDT

Ok enough about Battlezone headers hacks etc. Let's get back to this Star
Wars board.

Here's the video incase you haven't already seen it, or as a refresher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiKbXX4T8ew

Break down.

Voltages good.
Swapped out with known good main board no more problem. So problem follows
Main board.

Self tests do no indicate any problems. Hardware, Matrix, or Scaling.

So far I have replaced Prom sockets, CPU sockets.
Have verified Proms, and replaced JIC
Replaced all Ram JIC.
Swapped out and checked all Eproms.

So unless I'm missing something else easy all the easy stuff is done.

Does it cold, does it hot. No waiting for the game to warm up for this to
happen. Very repeatable.

Attract mode works fine. Once you pick a level, and start Stars look good,
but as soon as the first Tie appears they go into like a slow motion
movement, and it causes a slight rainbow color affect on the monitor. I
believe because it's trying to over drive the monitor.

 Kevin