Re: Star Wars Tie fighter issues

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 22 2012 - 10:57:32 EDT

Had a Pole Position that would run at 4.5 but not higher, ended up just
running at 4.5.

If you had a fast enough digital scope you could probably find a glitch or
timing problem somewhere, but NOT on the lines you're looking at. Adding
the tester is slowing the transition of those lines enough. 100 pF
capacities to ground would do the same.

Check any ICs that have been replaced and make sure they're the correct
parts---not something like a 7400 being replaced with a 74LS00 for
example. Different family = different timing.