Omega Race help - playing blind

From: John Huie <jehuie_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Sep 03 2012 - 19:10:02 EDT

I rescued an old Omega Race from an abandoned building and brought it home and (shockingly) found severe acid damage on the board.  Someone kindly sent me a nice clean board that was missing a few components so I swapped the parts from my other board to this one and now it is playing blind.

I've checked fuses and voltages and they are good.  I installed a cap kit in the monitor as well but still don't know for sure if the problem is the monitor or the game board.  The spot-killer light is on.  I also went through and resoldered all the connectors.

I just went and measured at the monitor connector between the "X Input" and "X ground" and I'm getting around 12 volts there.  Same thing between the "Y Input" and "Y ground" pins.

But between the "Z Input" and "Z ground" pins I'm getting a zero volts reading.  So it sounds like I have some kind of game board probelm if I'm understanding this right.  (I'm a newb but trying).

Any good tips on what to look for on the main game PCB?