Re: Electrohome G08 "blooming"

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Sep 09 2012 - 20:13:11 EDT

akswanson@ntelos.net wrote:

> I dont think the flybacks are available for these. Id cap it, see if
> that fixes it. Make sure the HV is high enough, and the spot killer
> isnt kickin in.

Very unlikely to be the flyback, rather the HV diode is the most common
suspect as previously mentioned...

Bad HV diodes are usually easy to spot - see if the clear end caps look
overheated, or if you have an IR reader check if the diode gets hot when
running, it should not heat up much at all.

John :-#)#