re: Sidam Asterock wont coin up

From: <wboucher6_at_cogeco.ca>
Date: Fri Oct 12 2012 - 11:59:33 EDT

I don't have a schematic or experience with the game but I'll throw out a few ideas anyway. Apologies in advance for
inapplicable ones.

Some games are sensitive to coin drop timing. If you are triggering the coin switch manually, try emulating the pulse
duration that you'd get using coins.

Any chance that the number of coins required to get a credit is set to a high value, like 3 or 4? Maybe via dip
switches.

Some games remember the number of credits in a nvram or battery backed sram. If your game uses an nvram such as ER2055,
maybe it's returning 0 after being written. I would assume that all sram would be tested by the self-test code but who
knows.

Some games have a setup screen where you can enable/disable up to three mechs. Any chance that it is just ignoring all
of the mechs because they are set to off or none or something?

Bill Boucher
http://www.biltronix.com