RE: VERY nice EPROM programmer...

From: Jonathan Koolpe <jkoolpe_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 05 2012 - 13:28:27 EST

Hey guys! Newbie to the list, but long time collector.

I picked up one of these a couple of years back, and it works pretty well. A few quirks and sometimes I do need to retry a burn to get it to work, but for the most part it works well enough. And the price is sure right.

Used it to burn EPROMs for my Major Havoc, Tempest and Asteroids. Also burned ROMs for some older raster games (Venture, Mouse Trap, PacMan, Joust, Bubbles, others). All worked fine.

I had a cheap Willem unit for awhile, but it quit after a very short time...do not get one of these!!

Be sure to use an exterior power adapter if you want to burn the older EPROM types (with differing voltages).

Cheers,

Jon