Re: Tempest Color Vectors

From: Rodney Massman <rmassman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 08 2012 - 19:52:28 EST

That’s it. That’s got it. It was that darn 74S289N at P9. Thank you. I’ve got a few on their way. $5.00 a piece – shew. I just didn’t like to work on a good board.
I ran into trouble with the replacement socket on the good working board and had to pull it and put in another one. Apparently I didn’t get enough of the old solder
off the IC’s legs and it lifted one leg of the new socket. In the process of removing it, it got a little hairy. Maybe I should be going to machine sockets from now on.
Anyways – thanks for the help straightening out these colors. Never ran into that before. The scope and probe didn’t help at all in this case. At least I ‘felt’ I was reading them right.