Blown or blocked blue gun in Amplifone?

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Thu Dec 20 2012 - 02:31:35 EST

So I found a tube to borrow to test some boards in my major havoc.

Red and green look pretty good but blue looks like nothing more than a
nebula of color primarily centered in the middle of the tube. I suspect a
hunk of crap is blocking the blue gun from getting a clean shot at the
screen.

I tried my rejuvenator and got good response on all 3 guns and no lightning
when I tried to clear shorts.

Am I on base here or totally whacked? Any suggestions on what I might be
able to do to clear the problem?

Oh one additional point, the center of the tube has phosphor burn (as
expected) but it almost seems like there is a bubble in the glass. I
suspect the constant blue gun hit is not doing good things for the glass J

Anyone have any luck swapping tubes from other monitors over to these? I
realize it is going to be an issue with the 100 vs 90 degree but if I can
get the monitor in at least 90% it would be a viable test unit while I try
to track down a "correct" tube.

Thanks,
David