Re: Need help with my G08 in my Sega Star Trek SOS

From: Mark Jenison <eliminator4player_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 28 2012 - 09:33:22 EST

When the picture starts going out by dimming/flickering, it is usually the
10 pin power plug feeding into the side of the cage no longer making a good
connection.

I agree that this looks like the settings in the HV section need adjusted.
John Robertson just posted the adjustment procedure in another thread on
this mailing list.
On Dec 28, 2012 3:56 AM, "Craig Walker" <craig@giz10p.co.uk> wrote:

> Are you sure this is the monitor, I had a similar problem but in reverse
> of everything going dim, then eventually off. I thought it was the monitor
> too, chased around for a while, then found out it was the XY control board.
> Still not fixed the issue yet!
>
> Regards,
> Craig
>

> On 15/12/2012 12:34, Grant Thienemann wrote:
>
>> Hey Andrew,
>>
>> Yes it seems like it just happening on the text, it was also doing it
>> on all the ship status information on the top left quadrant as well,
>> the shields, photons and warp drive as well.
>>
>> I found the following guide:
>>
>> http://users.rcn.com/jenison/**mars/faq/G08_FAQ.pdf<http://users.rcn.com/jenison/mars/faq/G08_FAQ.pdf>
>>
>> And they have a recommended cap kit for it that I was considering
>> doing to the chassis to help the monitor run cooler as well.
>>
>> I then found this site as well:
>>
>> http://www.biltronix.com/Star_**Trek_08.html<http://www.biltronix.com/Star_Trek_08.html>
>>
>> And he recommended replacing certain ICs that had better everything
>> for most of the components on the GO8.
>>
>> Let me know what you think!
>>
>> Thanks Andrew!
>> Grant
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 7:18 AM, <akswanson@ntelos.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Can be fixed with a tacheon pulse. A little history on this one. I had
>>> it
>>> for a while, and it had a bad HOT and HV generator IC. Anyway, the