Tech Tip - Cinematronics SPACE WARS monitor critical upgrade!

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed Jan 02 2013 - 14:08:43 EST

Been going through my Vectorbeam files as I am adding my NOS Vectorbeam
stock to flippers/catalog site and found this notice that you guys may
(or may not) be aware of:

---------------------------------------(quote)----------------------------------------

SERVICE BULLETIN
CINEMATRONICS' SPACE WARS

It has been brought to our attention that the windings of the high
voltage transformer located under the copper coloured (sic - writer must
have been a Brit or a Canadian! - JR) shield on the monitor chassis P.C.
Board have a breakdown temperature of 50 centigrade, and the operating
temperature under the shield sometimes reaches 70 centigrade causing a
resistor to burn out.

To rectify this problem, remove the monitor and add a 1/8 inch spacer
(two or three metal washers or one nut) between each side of the shield
and the P.C. Board, allowing more air to circulate and bring the
operating temperature down to tolerable levels.

This change, which may be done on location, should NOT be disregarded as
repairs are costly and down time is worse.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com