(resend) Borrow a Quantum wiring harness?

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2013 - 12:14:54 EST

Sorry for the resend, never saw the first post show up.

I've been trying to do this quietly for some time with no success. So rather than post on the KLOV forums, I'm trying here first.  I have investigated 6 local businesses that produce wiring harnesses.  These are real businesess that do regular production work, using automated machinery where ever possible , they are not a 99% manual one or two man show.  This is NOT a knock on Dokert or anyone else that does wiring harnesses, but mentioned to demonstrate that this would be a commerically made harness on a real timetable.  The place I have in mind does a lot of miltary work, so I think they would do a pretty good job.  Most of our repro stuff done in the hobby, the time table slides easily.  That's understandable because we do it as a hobby and other things always get in the way.  Businesses that do this for their living have to make their schedules (or be very close), or they won't stay in business.

My problem is that I cannot locate a totally unhacked original harness to use as a sample.  I know of at least 5 Quantums local to me in the Chicago area and they are all deconversions, so the harnesses (mine included) are all hack jobs.  I thought I could find one privately, it it appears I can't.  It's a very tall order, but if there is anyone out there with a completely unhacked Quantum harness in their game that might be willing to remove it and loan it out for a period of time, please contact me privately, off list.  I completely understand if you don't want to do this and there would certainly be no hard feelings.  I would compensate you for this.  As to the handleing of your harness, I can offer you this, after it's received by me, it would never be mailed anywhere until it get's sent back to you.  All tranportation between me and the businesses doing the harness would be in person with a face-to-face hand off.  Other than mailing to me,
 there would be no risk of "losing it in the mail".

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net