Re: K6100 2n3792 replaced with 2n5876

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 17:30:44 EST

When I said I've seen them used, I was meaning that I've seen 2n3055 used on the frame as an alternate, but not for replacing 3792's. When the OP said they'd seen an alternate transistor used other than stock and asked if it was ok, my meaning was, you can find all sorts being used on the frame that work. As to their suitability for purpose, you should look at the data sheet.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. If you used a 3055 in place of a 3792, you'd let out the magic smoke from somewhere else almost immediately.

Getting things to work, and getting them to work long-term are two different things :)

Andrew Welburn (mobile)
www.andys-arcade.com