WG 6199 HV section help

From: Pat Danis <patdanis_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2013 - 12:12:25 EST

Like Ian, I have the same issue with my HV cage. P316 model. R903 gets
fried and I keep frying q901 and q902. I have been thru the entire cage
and can't find anything bad. Read the FAQ and checked or replaced
everything suggested. I'm not a smart enough guy to figure out what is
drawing so much current.

I can only power up the monitor for a few seconds. (about 5-10) When I
power up the monitor, it is very dim and then I get a high voltage
crackle and R903 starts to smoke, then the transistors let go. The
issue I was having before was the image was blooming. I replaced ZD902
and I think that stopped the blooming. Now I need to know why I keep
frying these parts.

Can anyone offer some suggestions? I've been thru this cage so many
times, I'm starting to forget what circumstance leads to what condition.

Pat