RE: Safe to run a LL PCB with +5V only ?

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2013 - 11:28:53 EST

Most Atari's also need the 10.3VDC for the reset circuitry, but looking at the LL schems, those first generation ones don't use the 10.3VDC on the game PCB so it looks like you will be fine with just the +5VDC. It won't hurt anything on the PCB to not have the 36VAC, but the video outputs (and probably sound) will not work, which won't matter for you just using the Fluke.