Re: LL PCB repair

From: Andre Huijts <a.huijts_at_upcmail.nl>
Date: Fri Feb 22 2013 - 02:22:27 EST

Yes picture is fine. Yeah I prefer the low profile one's too, my Asteroids board already came with one. Ordering from Mouser or Digikey is not really an option for me. They have minimum order amounts and/or extremely high shipping costs (like €25)

I used to be able to order from RS online for just the part costs but they charge something like €6,50 for shipping since january 1 this year :( So I'm back to my local electronics shops for parts mostly at this moment.

Anyway I still have a bootleg Asteroids board somewhere that is heavily canabalized already so I might be able to "borrow" it from there, if it still has it of course :)

LOL about the bet, but I wouldn't have dared to take it anyway ;) I feel really pretty stupid about not seeing it earlier on....o well :) Let's see if I'm lucky and if that is the only problem.....

Op 22 feb. 2013, om 01:42 heeft vectorlist-steve <vectorlist@arcadehacking.com> het volgende geschreven:

> On 2/21/2013 3:35 PM, Jess Askey wrote:
>> Man.... I had an email all typed up saying that I bet $5 it was the crystal but then I deleted it as I didn't want to seem like an pretentious ass. :-) Now Im just a groveling-wannbe-ass. :-) :-)
>

> Funny, I did too. ;-)
>
> Andre, do yourself a favor and order the low profile xtals. Apparently mouser no longer stocks these in the 12.096 MHz but they are soooooooooooooomuch better than the standard height components and really can't snag on anything and snap off.
>
> Picture below (not sure if it will come through on the list).
>

> <abl.jpg>
>

> <Example of Low Profile Xtal (10 MHz).html>

André Huijts
andre.huijts@upcmail.nl