RE: Asteroids mini-cab with Vectrex monitor

From: Jürgen Müller <juergen_at_e-basteln.de>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2013 - 15:55:14 EST

Many thanks for all your friendly comments!

The only loose end of the project, in my current view, is the surprising
“short vectors” effect shown here:
http://www.e-basteln.de/asteroids/asteroids_monitor.html#results (lower
picture). Not a big problem, but I’d love to understand what is going on. As
mentioned on the web page, I also see this when using my oscilloscope as the
display, so it does not seem related to the Vectrex monitor. Is this a known
effect? Is the Asteroids board indeed switching the vectors off early, maybe
to compensate for delays in the original monitors?

Many thanks for any comments or ideas!

Juergen