STar Wars Woes

From: Joel Griffin Dodd <griffindodd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 20 2013 - 14:39:58 EDT

I wrote this to Pat, but figured I'd ask for help in the community too...

Wanted to see if you could help me with an issue with the AR2 I picked up
on KLOV. I powered up my SW board set with it after testing my PSU was
putting out good voltages.

I got red lights staying solid on all three Star Wars boards. I dont know
if it's good that they are all on or not.

As I don't have a vector monitor to test with yet i was trying to find some
speakers to wire up to see if I got sound.

After about 5 mins the AR2 started crackling at the axial component in the
middle of the heat sink, the heat sink was super hot so I shut everything
down.

Do you think that the boards were drawing too much current and killed the
AR2?

I'm very new to game board repair and unfortunately no-one is taking on
Star Wars repairs right now (I've asked all the usual KLOV guys) so it's
something I am going to have to try and struggle through with on my own.

Joel