Re: Simple question about scope (DS1102E) and AC ripple

From: Altan Pinball <pinball_at_aaarfamily.com>
Date: Mon Aug 26 2013 - 21:54:52 EDT

Thanks Darren.

I did that with my fluke meter and got 0.001 VAC, so looking good. Much
easier approach you suggested!

I'm really just using this opportunity to learn more about the scope.

On Aug 26, 2013, at 9:37 PM, Darren Finck <dgfinck@yahoo.com> wrote:

240mV sounds OK for unregulated DC just out of the bridge with a decent
size filter cap. After a regulator, you should see muck less ripple than
that.

Note that you can also measure AC ripple with just a (decent) DMM inn AC
mode. It'll show RMS voltage, not peak-to-peak.

Altan Pinball <pinball@aaarfamily.com> wrote:

Thanks! That was helpful. This is the first real thing I've tried with
this scope.

I'm getting about 250 mV as the AC ripple, which I assume ok.

Using ac mode is quite helpful...