Re: Amplifone CRT

From: pj pj <pj1_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu Nov 07 2013 - 03:34:35 EST

No doubt a medium resolution tube would make great pictures. So the '4915 should have this tube unless it's already been changed out. I have a 19VJTP22 in my Major Havoc and when I swapped that tube into the Star Wars, I was ill prepared for how bad it actually looked. I'd hate to kill a Super Sprint to keep my Star Wars alive, plus the majority of these monitors are probably already getting tired as well.

I was experimenting with a 90 degree tube from a 19" VGA monitor: the trouble is that I just couldn't get the purity to even begin to dial in irrespective of yoke position although the static convergence was almost spot on without even going through the trouble to converge the tube. I then realized that although they state "19 inches" as the screen size, the tube number A20...is possibly the problem.