Speed Freak

From: Marco Vernillo <m.vernillo_at_prismaeng.it>
Date: Thu Dec 12 2013 - 09:54:32 EST

Hi all,
it's a long time I don't write, that's because I had some raster cabs to
repair...
A couple of days ago my Speed Freak decided to die.
The first symptom was no vectors at all. TV is fully working because I
tested id with my star hawk PCB
After I tested Star Hawk I plugged again SF but spot killer lighted on
permanently.
After some investigation with my scope I decided to replace RAMs and some
other components somewhere and now the LED flickers.
After that I changed a lot of components (all ICs with weak signal or I was
onvinced were faulty) but nothing changed.
Board is a revision "K"
is there a sort of "to do list" to understand where the problem is?
Are there some check points "suggested" or something similar?

thank you!!

regards,
Marco

-

Marco M. Vernillo
R&D Director
Prisma Engineering
Via Guido Rossa, 12 - Anzola dell'Emilia (Bologna)
Tel: +39.051.6502.511
Fax: +39.051.6502.512
Mob: +39.346.5027.658
m.vernillo@prismaeng.it