Two Ampliphone HV problem questions

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Sun Feb 16 2014 - 01:11:45 EST

1:

HVT with a cinelabs HV unit installed.

Good +/- 24 V

Good crackle / HV.

No neck glow, testing the heater voltage at the back of the board I am
getting ~ 13.0v AC. Roughly double what I would expect. This tube was
working fine with the last HV I worked on but I don't have a known good at
the moment to verify something didn't go bad there. I did continuity test
the tube heater pins and that seems fine.

2:

HVT with a Red transformer (yea I know, red = dead).

I don't have a ringer handy to test it with.

Good -24

Bad +24 (reads around +12), I pulled the 406D out and retested, the +24 was
there.

Putting the 406D back in and replaced the LM7824, no change.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

David