Re: Two Ampliphone HV problem questions

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Feb 16 2014 - 20:29:56 EST

On 02/16/2014 12:21 PM, Andre Huijts wrote:
> I think Mark from Cinelabs once explained why the heater voltage can't be really measured correctly with a DVM but I forgot the reasoning why.

I would think that considering it is 20khz AC for the filament that
meters may have trouble measuring that value - the diodes to rectify the
incoming AC to take the DC voltage may not be fast enough...

Thus one can expect the AC voltages to be difficult to measure with
anything less than a 'scope and a small load on the AC heater line to
stablize it.

If the transformer is putting out correct rectifier DC then the filament
voltage should be fine.

John :-#)#

                  www.flippers.com