Re: Two Ampliphone HV problem questions

From: Andre Huijts <a.huijts_at_upcmail.nl>
Date: Mon Feb 17 2014 - 05:15:01 EST

Ok good to know that an analogue meter will do the job (although I don't have one). I think you are right John, I think that was what he explained.

Still: pretty strange that yours reached 27kV, Mark claimed the Cinelabs were designed to never reach that value AFAIR. A service bulletin from Atari later instructed to turn the protection value all the way back because often it was kicking in while it hadn't actually reached dangerous levers. Did you measure the HV without any signal on the inputs, because that is what the manual says to do.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad