Re: Help with I Robot Switching supply

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 14:30:08 EDT

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Steven Zeuner wrote:

> Help me folks! :( I know I should just install a modern switcher, but I
> wanted to try and keep this machine original. Here is the mess i'm into.

If the I-Robot switching supply is the same (or similar to) the Firefox
switching supply, I'd skip with the goal of keeping the machine original.

There's a *reason* Firefoxen come with two (!) Audio/Reg II boards and
a seriously-complicated wiring harness, and in a nutshell, it's because
the Atari switcher originally designed for it, well... sucked :)

Very loosely paraphrasing an e-mail from an ex-Atarian on the development
of said power supply:

} We knew they were testing it because we'd hear a loud *BANG*
} followed by someone yelling "Aaw, shit!". When they moved the
} group into another room, we only heard the *BANG*.

Later,
Doug.

--
 dougj   |