RE: Okay, PS first...

From: Dave George <lebeau_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 11:26:13 EDT

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Keith, Brendan wrote:

>Put a dummy load on the power supply. I use a few 44 pinball lamps.
>See if it stays up or gets dragged down. The regulation may be shot.
>
>Some people like putting switchers in. It worked for my TRON.

  I wanted to try and do it original, and I'd really hate to hack in a
switcher after all the work I did on the PS pcb. =) So by dummy load,
you mean a bulb, couple of wires and attach them to the +5 and
GRD? And let there be light. So, if the reg is bad, I'm likely to see
it go dim as a function of time, or will it just not be bright
to begin with? BTW, this regulation thing seems possible, as the
rest of the cab is fine; lights are all on.

                                        Remy LeBeau