Re: Okay, PS first...

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 22:38:41 EDT

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:26:13 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>to begin with? BTW, this regulation thing seems possible, as the
>rest of the cab is fine; lights are all on.

        Unfortunately, that doesn't really prove anything one way or the other,
as the coin-door lights don't even come off the same transformer winding as
the regulated +5/+12V logic supplies...

        One thing that I thought of after the previous message, is that you
might want to pull out your logic-board stack and _carefully_ check all the
socketed chips. If there's one plugged in backwards, or if one went into
its socket one pin off from where it should be, you'd be amazed at the
havoc that can cause...

        (I know, you would _think_ nobody could stick an IC into a socket and
_not_ notice two unfilled holes on one end, and two unsocketed pins on the
other... but I've seen it happen!)
When they took the fourth amendment, I said nothing because I didn't deal drugs.
When they took the sixth amendment, I said nothing because I hadn't committed a crime.
When they took the second amendment, I said nothing because I didn't own a gun.
Now they've taken the first amendment, and I can't say anything about it.