Re: Vacuum Tubes - Good source needed!

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 14:49:20 EDT

<x-flowed>
Hi Steve!

Most likely suspect is the capacitors in the monitor. Tubes tend to either
work or not, plus when they fail they normally fail suddenly. The
capacitors in this certainly are old enough to be replaced just cause they
are old...capacitors are rated for a life of 10 years of so, and this game
is over 25 years old. Capacitors tend to work when they are cold, but as
they warm up they degrade slowly.

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com