Re: Vacuum Tubes - Good source needed!

From: Matt J. McCullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 22:04:56 EDT

Steven Winslow wrote:

> Hello All !
>
> I'm going to be undergoing refurbing - get this - A Computer Space ! The
> original GE Black & White TV works but begins to fail after just a few a
> minutes and I suspect that a bunch of the vacuum tubes need replacing.
>
> Does anyone have a good source (online - preferably) for tubes ?

I've got some. But the other commenter is correct, I think; it's likely
to be a flaky capacitor.

Truth be told, though, I think you'd be far better off replacing the
entire monitor with something a little more solid-state. Any thrift
shop should have a working B&W set in the dollar bin.

HTH,

Matt J. McCullar
Arlington, TX