Re: Missile Command ROM hack?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 16:30:48 EDT

Or maybe even drop into DOS on your computer and type the line
COPY ROM1+ROM2+ROM3+ROM4 BIGROM
where the individual names are the individual ROM files and BIGROM is the
resulting combined file. With any luck you'd end up with one large file (check
the size of the file to see if it assembled correctly).

John Robertson wrote:

> You should be able to join the images into one or two eproms, depends if
> the files are contiguous for program and characters. Just start with the
> schematic and memory map to figure out the locations of the eproms. The
> easy way to link them is to load the buffer with the bottom-most image and
> then just shift the buffer start address by the width of the file you are
> using. You do want the highest file to be at the end of the eprom (F800
> [2716 in a 27512]) as that is the boot file. Count back from there to the
> first file. So if there are five contiguous eproms, the first would be
> loaded at D800, the next at E000, E800, F000, F800 for the last. I use an
> eprom that is the same size or just a bit larger than the total number of
> images-just for ease of addressing. You will need to set up the chip select
> and output enable to enable the output only during the group you want.
>
> Clear?
>
> John :-#)#
>
> At 10:06 AM 10/10/00, tom mcclintock wrote:
> >I want to test a couple of Missile Command boards that are currently
> >ROMless. Instead of burning new ROMs, replacing the sockets and all that
> >trouble, is there a way to burn all the ROM images into a single EPROM?
> >
> >I've got an EPROM reader/writer, but not sure if the code can be
> >combined like that. help?
> >

> >tm
>
> John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
> Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
> http://www.flippers.com
> "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Windows:
32 bit graphical interface for a
16 bit patch for an
8 bit operating system written for a