RE: Williams P.S. Boards - Upgrade / Repair Questions

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 05:43:26 EST

<x-flowed>
I recommend replacing the +5, -5 and +12 supplies with a computer switching
supply. If the Williams supply fails it can SMOKE your board or the RAM,
computer supplies tend to fail more gracefully and never go high on the
output voltage...they just shutdown on failure. We have modified these
switchers for use in Williams games, it is an easy mod.

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com