Powering a Sharp XM-2001N monitor on the bench

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 22:59:17 EST

I am working on a couple of these monitors (Vindicators / XYBots) and have
been using my standard Isolation transformer giving 1:1 from wall.

Noticed a warning in the Atari manual about only using a 100vac isolation
transformer. "Do not use line voltage because the voltage provided by this
source will damage the display."

Are they blowing smoke or have I really hurt my monitors?

David